Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thud Thud Crash!!

Last Saturday I was driving home from rewarding the kids with a movie since they had been really good all week while I spent allot of time cleaning and finishing up some projects around the house. I had just surprised them with telling them that grandma was coming the next day. My cell phone rings and it was David. I was so excited. They had pulled into Singapore and were going to be there for a week. I was so excited to talk to him. I was excited Brooklyn was going to get to talk to him on her birthday and Landon was going to be able to talk to him also. Things were going great on Saturday night. I woke up Sunday thinking this is going to be the best day ever. My mom was coming and I knew I would be able to talk to David. Well that lasted about twenty minutes. I was carrying Landon down the stairs then thud thud crash. I fell down the stairs. I hit my tailbone on one stair then I landed on the next stair. The wind was knocked out of me and it hurt so bad. So we got down the stairs checked Landon out and then wondered what do I do know???


The kids were great while I laid on the couch with ice. Dawson slept from 12:30-4:30 he must have know that I need him to do that. I had to let my friend Audra know since I wouldn't be at church and I had some things for enrichment to do. So she sent her husband and another brother over to give me a blessing. Then my friend chantell called to see if I was okay since she didn't see me at sacrament meeting. I told her what happened and she came right over with a big diet coke and some chocolate and some Motrin. Then my friend Cherise stopped by after church to see how I was doing. Then after that Audra came back over with dinner for us. I had many phone calls that day and help so thank you to everyone. I am slowly staring to feel better.
A little sore now and agian but nothing a little ice doesnt help.


So the great time came to get my mom. I had envisioned all the stuff we would do that day. and while she was here Surely that was not going to happen. I spent Monday most of the day in my bed with ice. We were able to venture out later that day. We did some things while she was here. It was so much fun to have her here.


I do have to say that she did so much to help me out. She was picking up Dawson for me, changing his diaper, cleaning for me, everything I could think of. Helping getting the kids in and out of the car. I have the greatest mom in the world. Even though it wasn't how I envisioned spending her time here I know that she had a good time with the kids and just being around. She is always helping me out. I talk to her at least everyday if not more then once a day. The kids love grandma Diane. It was truly a blessing to have her here. She was such a big help and I appreciated it so much.

Thanks for coming out mom and for helping me out so much. You are the best. The kids had such a great ti,e with you here. I know they miss you and hope we can see you again soon. Thanks for taking care of all of us while you were out here. We love you!!!!!




One of the kids was the photographer

8 comments:

Kent said...

OUCH!!!! I hear that breaking a tail bone can be quite painful. Luckily you have nice friends and a great Mom. On a side note, Ashley just slipped down my stairs last night. She said she didn't hurt anything though (as if she would tell me if she did).

The Larson's said...

Millie told me about your "incident"! How nice that your mom was there to help! I hope that you are doing well! You are such a great mom and I am amazed with what you do!

Beth and Jess said...

You poor thing. I hope you get feeling better soon. And I am so glad that your mom was there to help you out.

Kit said...

OWIE! I hit my tailbone hard the other night and have been in so much pain since! We take that little bone for granted. Glad your mom was there to help out! I don't know how you do it all always being alone. Super mom!

The Cox Family said...

What are the chances. I am so glad your mom got to come for a few days. I am glad you are starting to feel better as well. Shirlyn

Our Ohana said...

oh my goodness, I could totally see myself doing something like that! I really hope you are feeling better!!! You poor thing :)

My Suga' Baby said...

hey! i just noticed you commented on my blog! sorry! so what can't you figure out about paypal? hey if it's easier i'll just get it in the mail and send me a check (i know you're good for it :) ) you will love this bag! e mail me at

mysugababy@gmail.com

so that i know you for sure want it! i will get it in the mail tomorrow if you do! oh and i'll just charge you $3.00 for shipping so your total is $53.00 :)

anyway your family is so cute! it's been so long since we've talked! it's fun to connect again!

Sistee3 said...

I love the pictures of your kids. They keep growing up way too fast. You do have a wonderful Mom. Just one of the many wonderful Dangerfield Girls.
Hugs and much love
Earlene