Sunday, August 23, 2009

A new found love of a classic treat

I have found a new love of an old classic treat. I have found that cooking marshmallows over a stove is the same as cooking them in a campfire. I have had people tell me that it is the same i was doubtful until I tried it last night. We didn't stay for the campfire Friday night and the kids were bummed out and I had all the smore stuff anyway. I put dawson down to bed I let the other kids stay up and we tried it. It is so yummy. It is just like a campfire and there was no smoke involved. I turned the burner oh high. I had some skewers sticks that I put them on and we roasted away. I do have to say that I think that earned me points as the coolest mom last night. The kids were totally surprised when I told them what we were doing.
They turned out perfect crisp on the outside and a big gooey mess on the inside. It was a fun spontaneous activity that we did. I highly recommend it. So now I can have the goodness of a roasted marshmallow and not the mess of a campfire. Try it and let me know how you like it.





Landon got a little to hot while he was cooking his





A little burnt but the rest golden





Yummy gooey messy



Pure Delight

6 comments:

Dennis and Cherise said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I'll have to try that...I love s’mores =) I have told you lately that your kids are totally adorable! Missed you at Church today!

Jen said...

What an awesome mom!!! Your kids have grown so much...can't believe a year has passed!

Habs said...

You are a wonderful mother. I look to you as an example of a well balanced woman who enjoys her children but knows how to take some time for herself. Wish I could have been there with the kids roasting mallows. Love you.

The Cox Family said...

I am still going to need to try that. Looks like tons of fun. Shirlyn

The Larson's said...

You serioudly are a super mom!! I love smores, but we rarely (if ever) go camping. I will try them over the stove and let you know how it goes.

Kit said...

What an awesome idea!! I bet your kids were in Heaven! I am definitely trying this one.