Saturday, August 22, 2009

The kids really were having fun
Good camouflage Jen


Well once again I did it. Went camping with the kids and no david. We missed David greatly but it is nice to say we did it.
It was our ward camp on Thursday until Saturday. After Brooklyn got done with school we headed up to camp. We set up, then had a potluck dinner, and a campfire. The kids were so tired that they went to sleep easy After they were asleep I played games in my friends tent. It was nice to just relax and play.

Then of course bright and early the kids were up around 6:30 am. We played and played all morning. The kids had so much fun with there friends. I felt like I hardly had them by me since they were off playing. Dawson was another story. He had a little fever off and on on Friday. He was also very tired so he was a little fussy when I would try to put him down. He finally took a nap then he was better.

While Dawson took a nap I took Brooklyn and Landon down to the beach. It was a little rough conditions but the kids had fun playing on the sand.
I decided to go home Friday night. I didn't think we would be speaking to each other if I stayed another night so I decided to leave while I felt ahead of my game. So I packed things up the kids kept on playing. Then we had another potluck with some very yummy food. Then we called it a night and headed home. It was a fun time.
Thanks to everyone that helped me set up my stuff and helped with the kids. Thank you to the one person that Dawson would not cry for. It was a nice break to hear him not cry when I walked away I don't want to start saying names because then I will forget. Thanks to the ward for setting up a fun camp it was a good time. It was so fun to get away and just enjoy. Maybe David come with us next year. Enjoy the pictures.





Yummy Hot chocolate





Finally he Fell asleep





Landon and his friend messy messy


5 comments:

Jenn said...

We had such a fun time. It was great in our own little corner of the camp. I'm glad you had "you-know-who" around to keep Dawson from crying. I know how rough it is to try and do things like that alone. But major kudos to you for pulling it off!

Jen said...

Good for you! It is hard for me to get brave and do that kind of stuff. Sounds like it went well and you enjoyed yourself!!!

Kit said...

I am so behind with checking up on everyone! Shawn starts school tomorrow, so hopefully, I will be back into regular blogging.
You are inspiring, going camping without David! Such cute pics! I bet camping in Hawaii is amazing. WIsh I was there raising my kiddos...so fun!

Our Ohana said...

That was such a fun weekend, I'm so glad we got to see you there! I'm very impressed that you did it all alone - you are my hero :)

Kent said...

That looks like a great time. You gotta love the good old ward camp outs. I also love how kids fall asleep on campouts/vacations.