Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Deck the Halls and sugar cookies

well It is already half way into December. I cant believe how fast the time is flying by. It seems like yesterday we were having Halloween.
Well the day after thanksgiving we set up our Christmas tree and decorations. The kids had so much fun. We got a pre-lit tree which I love. I think they look so pretty compared to the lights you do yourself. Since you cant come to my house then i thought I would bring my house to you.


The Christmas Tree


I do have to be a little selfish right now and say that this is my favorite Christmas tree. I actually did it how I wanted and not just throw some ornaments on. I saw the purple ribbon at the store and I had to go with it.

I love looking at Christmas decorations. I love looking at Christmas trees, lights, and places all decorated.
These are just random pictures of some other things that we have decorated.

The Shelves


The nativity and candles with cranberries



We have started a tradition ever since we have been married that we would buy a piece to a Christmas village. The problem we are finding now is that the places that we have gotten the villages from are not selling them anymore. IF only target was open right now.



Our village so far


We have been doing some fun things to get in the Holiday spirit but of course I have not had the camera for most of them. To me nothing says Christmas like decorating sugar cookies. So today we decorated cookies. I love homemade sugar cookies and frosting.

Yummy Cookies
I am also in the middle of Christmas cards so if you can send me your address if I don't already have it that would be great. I hope everyone has a great Holiday Season. I hope it is safe and happy for everyone. Merry Christmas and I will see some of you soon

5 comments:

Our Ohana said...

Your house looks beautiful!!! You should really go into business with this design thing. You're a natural:)
Love the pictures!
- Sara xx

The Cox Family said...

Everything looks so festive. I have been amazed at how much it can feel like christmas when your house is decorated. Shirlyn

Kit said...

I love the tree! Hopefully, we will see eachother in a couple of weeks. What dates will you be at Duane and Terry's??

mike and bri smith said...

I miss you all so much. Looking at your thanksgiving pictures made me totally jealous because there are new faces standing where I should be. Ok I guess you need new friends now that I am gone but I sure miss all you ladies.

mike and bri smith said...

I love the family picture on the top of your blog. You need to email it to me so I an put it on my Rees scrapbook page.