Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving



Happy thanksgiving. How great is a holiday that you get together with friends and family eat tons of food and then go shopping?? This is my kind of holiday.
Our ward did and Imu this year. An imu is an underground oven. There was about 60 turkeys that they cooked. It was awesome. It was a huge pit that the men dug. Then they cooked them all night. It was a really yummy Turkey and I didn't even have to cook it.
We had invited some freinds over. There was so much yummy food. Thanks to everyone to bringing something. It was a very yummy dinner.


The dinner Table

I am grateful for so many things. I am so thankful for good friends, a good family, three great kids who keep me going, a great husband, a great state to live in, a house, good health, and so much more. I really am so thankful for all the great people that I surround myself with. They really bring the best out of me and make me want to be a better person. Thank you to my great friends.

Shrilyn, chantell, Audra, and me
David was all set to go do some camping out for a laptop. He got to office Depot around 9:00 at night on Thursday. He was the first in line. He camped out all night. His friend Adam joined him. He got what he wanted. He said he would go do it again. I then asked if he would ever do walmart with me and he said oh no that is a whole different kind of people. Me and the kids went to walmart of Friday morning. Of course everything wa pretty much gone but I still managed to find some things I was looking for.
It was a great holiday weekend. Thanks to all the people that helped make it a great thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Habs said...

Cute photo. It looks like you guys had a good thanksgiving. I still can't believe David camped out the night before. I think it would be freezing cold and then I remember you live in Hawaii.... :)

The Cox Family said...

It was a wonderful thanksgiving Thanks for having us. It made the Holiday great Shirlyn
PS Now Gracie thinks we are going to Brooklyn's house for Christmas

Beth and Jess said...

Looks like you guys had a great day. I love the new family picture. so cute!!!!

Kit said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love the new pics of the family! I wish I was in Hawaii right about now...It is FREEZING here.

Charity said...

Turkey in an Imu...I am jealous!