Saturday, August 16, 2008

OH A CAMPING WE WILL GO






Well this weekend was our ward camp out. I took the kids up on Thursday and stayed until Saturday. You can all drop your mouths you did read that right. Me myself and the help of great friends.set up our camp and had a great time. The kids were having so much fun.


We camped at a place called Hukilau Beach. Just like the song. So you could say I was going to the Huki Huki Huki Huki Huki Lau. There was so much space for the kids to run around. How can you beat camping on the beach.


We set up our tents then grilled some hot dogs. Then we wore the kids out and put them to bed. It was the first time in a long time that I stayed up until about 1:00 in the morning just laughing and talking with friends. So thank you kids for going to sleep.


On Friday we had a good beach day. The kids had so much fun getting carried in and out by the waves. Landon got a little to knocked around by the waves but he had a few good laughs. Our little fishy Brooklyn loved the waves. Dawson loved the sand. It tastes so good. Then after we cleaned up the kids continued to play in the sand. Our ward had a pot Luck dinner and a campfire that night. Brooklyn loved all the songs they sang. She was in heaven standing up and singing all the fun campfire songs. Then after a fun filled day the kids fell asleep and it was back to adult time. It was so much fun to just relax and laugh with good stories.


On Saturday we woke up and had the fun job of putting all the stuff down. It was a chore. I think I like the job of keeping the kids out of the camp stuff while David does all the work. I want that job over taking all the stuff down.


The kids had so much fun. It was really nice to have a mini vacation if you will. More work then your normal vacation but it was still a good time. It was so fun to watch the kids having so much fun. They found so many fun treasures. They loved getting dirty. I forget how care free they are. My kids were so dirty but they didn't have a care in the world.


Thank you to all the great friends and people that helped me this weekend. It was a great time. I will do it again next year.

6 comments:

Lauren B. said...

Amanda, you are a trooper for sure! I can't imagine going camping for three days without my hubby! Way to go! I am glad your kids had such a great time and that you enjoyed yourself too. Sounds like lots of fun!

Beth and Jess said...

You are amazing!!!!! I can't believe you survived camping with three kids and no husband. You deserve a trophy and a massage!!!!

Our Ohana said...

I wish I had been able to go - you are such a supre momma for doing that whole weekend with the kids!!! I'm so glad you had such a great time!
- Sara xx

Habs said...

It looks like the kids had a blast camping! What a wonderful memory you made for Brooklyn and Landon. Can't wait for the next post :)

Kit said...

That sounds like a blast! How fun! You are so brave to do that on your own. Good job.

Bodie_Millie_McKenzie said...

You are awesome. I'm glad you guys had fun! We sure do love you guys!