Sunday, April 25, 2010

Staples





Good Ol Dawson
The perfect day was happening yesterday. We had some errands to run like get the car washed, get some things at Costco which included a new book. Treated ourselves right to a big diet coke and we headed up to the pool at tripler. Tripler is the army hospital. They have the coolest and most relaxing kiddie pool around. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours. The kids had been playing I was reading my book and soaking up some sun and enjoying watching the kids. Dawson was standing on the ledge of the pool to jump in. His feet came out first and his head hit the edge of the pool. I went over to him and saw blood on the head. I took him to our stuff put a towel on and the blood just kept coming. Talk about knowing how to clear the pool out!

Since we were at the pool the lifeguards came over and took over which was very nice. The next thing I know the fire dept is there, the police man in there, they are calling for an ambulance. Now the ER is just down the hill basically from were we are at. They kept telling me that sine he has a head injury he cant ride in the car because he cant be unattended. Seriously just down the hill form were we were. I could have walked there. Anyway the EMT checked him out and said he didn't have to go in the ambulance. So after everyone asked a million questions to me and Dawson was checked out we headed down to the ER. After three long hours at the ER we walked away with one staple in his head. This is a sight I don't think I will ever forget me and the kids walking into the ER in out we swimsuit cover ups and bright red faces from the sun. It was classic.

All the kids were real troopers. Landon and Brooklyn were great. They were entertaining themselves and each other. Dawson was a champ he was a tough guy. After since we were all so good I told the kids they could pick out any treat they wanted. On the ride home we all enjoyed our treat and I had to wash the day down with another diet coke!




I treid to get a closeup of the staple but that wasnt happening

5 comments:

Angela said...

What a story.....and an adventure really. Im so glad that Dawson is ok, I know that those moments of helplessness with our children are not fun at. I can imagine how cute you guys were in the ER.....take care

Unknown said...

WOW!! Good thing you were so close to an ER!! LOL Gald he ok!! And a staple how boy cool!! And how come I never knew there was a pool there. Lived there 5 yrs with the military and I never knew! HAHA

Kent said...

Poor Dawson......and you! We are glad everyone is doing okay.

-Kent & Ashley

The Cox Family said...

What a fiasco!!! You can always count on Dawson J/K we love him. Let me know what I can do for you SHirlyn

Bodie_Millie_McKenzie said...

It's a good thing you live in Hawaii...it seems somewhat normal to go everywhere in your swimsuits. Out here, everyone would have just thought you were white trash! Hope Dawson is feeling better!