Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Years!

This new years eve I took tje kids to see a movie. Then we stopped by and picked up some thai food for dinner. Dawson ws tuckered out so I put him to bed and then me, landon and brooklyn did sparklers. After that we played some games and hung out. It was really fun. New years day we went to the aquarium and on a picnic. The kids had a good time and of course I did not take any pictures. It was a great way to start the new years anyway.

The last week or so I have been thinking about some family goals I want to make rather then resolutions. Every year it seem sto be the same I resolve to get better and so many different things, I resolve to loose those last ten punds that are always there. It seems like I do good the first few weeks then it just goes away after that. Well I decided to make some family goals. Some that we can all work on. I have come up with these.

* Simplify ( dinners, outings, errands, things the kids are involved in)
*I think Simplify is more the motto I want to live by this year
*More confidence as a wife and mother
*Add a little something to the small holidays
*Better at Family HOme Evening
*Having the kids do chores rather then me just do it becasue I know it will get done how I want
*Being more content at my house when david is gone
So I know these might seem like small goals but for me they are what I am striving for at this house. I hope you all have a great start to a new year. Happy New Year Everyone

4 comments:

Beth and Jess said...

Glad you guys had a good new years and christmas. Hope everything is going well for you let me know if you need anything. And I love the New Year's goals. We could for sure use some simplifying over here too. Love you

Terry said...

Just learning how to get on to your blog from Kristen and Shawns. So fun to see all that you're doing. Miss all of you and hope that youre having a good new year. love terry

Bodie_Millie_McKenzie said...

I want to try some of that Thai food when I come out. Sounds like a fun New Years! Oh and by the way...you need those last 10 pounds!

The Cox Family said...

I love your post. I love the "word simplify" You are such a great mom and I wish so many days I could be more like you You are so great with your kids.