Wednesday, July 15, 2009

SteamBoat Springs

What a great place steamboat springs. My family took a vacation there while we were in utah. Now I have not been on a famiy vacation since 2003. A few months after we got married my family went to newport beach. That was the last family vacation I was around to go on.

I went to steamnboat springs when I was in hight shcool. I went with my sister and her friend a few weeks before she was married. I didnt remmebr to much about it other then the hot pools. There is good biking which my dad found all the good trails, there is hiking, an alpine slide, and lots of fun outdoor stuff. The one thing I ws excited for was fishing. I thought if my kids could catch a fish on there own poles that would be awesome.


Well my dad found a pond that we went to. All the cousins had there character fising poles. Landon picked out a spiderman fishing pole and brooklyn picked out a barbie fishing pole. Well the fish did not disappoint. The kids cauhgt a fish on there own poles both times that we went fishing. They thought it was so much fun. Well landon didnt like seeing the fish guts and blood. He got a little sad at that point.





Landon and his fish





Brooklyn and her fish




The place we stayed out had some pool and hot tobs. The first day we were there we got settled in. The two condos were across the hall from each other so half of us were in one condo the other half was in the other. Me nd the kids were in the condo with millie and bodie. The kids thought it was great to run up and down the hall. Dawson loved to try and escape out. After getting settled in we went to the indoor pool since it was a little rainy. After we went to the hot pools which were heavenly. Especially after Bodie found out there was a kiddie pool of a sort that had a huge crab you could climb on and slide down. It was fun.


The second day we got the kids fishing gear waited for the rain to clear and we went fishing. The third day we went swimming at the outdoor pool then we went to the alpine slide. Now since I was abviously out numbered on this activiyt, My mom watched dawson. I took brooklyn with me and millie took landon with her. Thanks for the help. The kids loved it.




The ride up





My extra set of hands




It was fun to hang out with the family in such a fun place. The kids had a good time. It was just nice to be in a different setting with them. Thanks for all the help with the kids since I was out numbered.

6 comments:

Bodie_Millie_McKenzie said...

We had a good time! Landon did a great job at making us go fast and he never asked to slow down! Okay, we really weren't going that fast!

The Cox Family said...

Looks like`such a fun vacation glad you are back we are looking forward to seeing you guys and doing something shirlyn

Lauren B. said...

Cute!! Sounds like fun and I have to admit that I am with Landon when it comes to fish guts :)

Ashleyl said...

How fun!! I'm so happy that you had such a nice time with your family!

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad that your vacation was so great.

Beth and Jess said...

It looks like you guys have had a great time. Hang in there for the next little while. And seriously you say the word and I will be over there to help you with whatever. Love you