Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dear KIddos-


Brooklyn, Landon and Dawson, dad left again today from anywhere to three to four months. we have not been home together very long since is last trip. Ever since we told dad was going to have to go back out you have taken it so well.. The last two times dad has gone out we have gone to grandmas but it is time to hunker down and stay here. It was so much fun to go to grandmas the last two times. It is time to stay here and do our own things.


Brooklyn you will start school soon and I know it is killing your dad to know that he wont be here to share that with you. He thinks school is so important and wants to much for you to do well and have a great experience with it. You will also have your birthday. I cant believe you will be five.


Landon it will be an adjustment for you to have Brooklyn gone at school all day. You will be the oldest one at home during the day. Dawson you are just loving life everyday and getting into every thing I put away.


Today as dad was giving us the blessings Brooklyn you said this is the part were dad gives us each a blessing and mommy cries. As I was having a melt down you came right over to me and gave me a hug. You are so sweet.


My point in writing you all this letter is to tell you thank you. Thank you for being so good today and taking this new absence of dad away well. (I know it hasnt even been a full day yet) Your attitudes are different this time. I hope you know that I will do my best to make sure you are getting all that you need and that you are being taken care of. I am going to do my best to make sure that I am giving each day 110%. It kills me to have your dad underway. I love him more then anything. He is such a rock for me. Thank you guys for being such great kids and taking this journey with me as we figure things out and experience good and bad days together.


I love you kids and know that it many years from now as you are reading this know that I tried my best. I want to make the next few months a positive experience for you. So here is to what lies ahead the next 3-4 months. I know it may not seem like along time for many people or years from now it wont be that big of a deal but for me this is a new experience.


Thank you for being so resilient to what is going on. I know that your attitude today and since we told you dad was leaving for a while has really helped me so thank you for helping me today more then you kids will ever know. I feel like the tone has been set for the next little while and thank you


Love Mom

3 comments:

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

I know how hard it is when your other half is gone. If you need anything, please call me. Love you guys!

The Cox Family said...

You have such an amazing attitude. Call me anytime. Shirlyn

Chantell said...

you handle everythign with such grace and patience (you kwno i've always admired that about you!) I seriously wish I had your patience...I'm working on it, but seriusly you'r amazing and I knwo this time will fly by for you, let's get together soon befoere Brian goes K! I'll give you a call
Chantell