Monday, February 2, 2009

No place like Home and no one greater then my MOM!!

Well we are back safely. We had such a great trip. I first have to say thank you to everyone that helped me withthe kids, the winter clothes for the kids, all the yummy food we ate, all the fun things we did and everything else. I have such great family and friends. I especially want to say to my Donna and the dynamos I had so much fun hanging with my sistees. You girls are great to be around. I think so highly of all of you. I love you and miss you all the time. Meredith is not pictured because she got a better kick out of watching us dance then dancing with us but she still is a dynamo.




Millie, Leslie, Me
We did a lot of fun stuff in Utah. It was a nice distraction. We went tubing, to the dinosaur museum, lots of play days with cousin, sleep overs with cousins, cafe Rio( yummy I got to get exercising before it shows on my but and hips, played in the snow, went to st. George, saw my dear best friend Adrienne who I haven't seen since we left Monterrey(she is the greatest friend ever) went to dino towne playland( a huge hit with he kids at south towne mall), had some girls nights, and a fun night of BUnCO!


It was a great time but nothing beats coming home to your own home. It is so nice to be back. I couldn't be home without sending a little love my moms way. She was great the whole time we were at her house.(So were the rest of you family) She knew just when I needed a break she was always there to give me a break and to help the kids. I have always thought that she was the greatest mom and she really is. At the last minute she flew back with me from Las Vegas. She stayed with my dad who was out here on business. Then on Friday she stayed at my house and me and David went away for the night. It was so nice I will tell more about that just keep reading.


So mom thank you for everything and all that you did and still do for me and my kids. i miss you everyday. Thanks for always listening to me when I call no matter how many times in the day. Thanks for all the help with the kids and getting all my stuff back. You are greatest mom and I hope that my kids will think the same of me as I think of you. I love you and thanks again so much for all you did for me and the kids.



Grandma working her magic with Dawson


So me and David had the great chance of going away on Friday night. We have been lucky enough to get away every year since we have been married. I highly recommend it. It is the greatest thing. I think one of the best things you can do. Again it had been my great mom who has watched the kids. David is the best also. I called him on Monday and told him what the plan was and he just took care of it. So we went to turtle bay for the night. It was awesome. The place is gorgeous. We had an amazing view of the pools and the beach from our balcony.


View from our room

When we got there we went to to the pool for a little bit and walked around the grounds. We went to a nice dinner and looked in the shops that night. Then in the morning we had breakfast on our balcony and sat out there for a little while.

It was so nice and such a great time. I am so blessed to come from a great family and to be married into a great family. It was great to see Duane, terry and April Thanks for everything Duane and terry. Thanks for letting us stay at your house and all the help. Thanks April for the visits and always feeding us yummy food. I am now hooked on Cinnamon hearts.

David you are the greatest. I love you so much. I cant help but get all mushy about you. Thanks for everything that you do for me and the kids. You are my strength on so many things. You mean the world to me. Thanks for the get away and I am glad you are home safely. I love you

Cute couple 2009

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

So, I know we already talked today but I wanted to say again how glad I am that you had a great trip!!! And even more that all of you got home in one piece. It was so wonderful to see you for a bit, thanks for always being such an amazing friend!

Ashleyl said...

How fun! I'm glad that you had such a nice visit! That resort looks so nice! I would love to come visit you in Hawaii!!

Chantell said...

Glad you had a good trip..but we are glad to have you back too!

Habs said...

I'm so glad your mom flew back with you to help with the kids. She is the greatest. I love when you come home and I get the chance to spend time with you and your mom! I'm happy you are back home with David but sad you aren't out playing with me. Your the best.

Beth and Jess said...

I am so glad you are back in the islands. Both of you. And totally jealous of your little getaway for the night. Man I need one of those

Lauren B. said...

Amanda, it sounds like you had such a great time in Utah (reading the things you did made me miss Utah a little) I'm also glad you had a fun getaway here too!