Saturday, July 5, 2008

God Bless America





Another independence day gone by were I enjoy the holiday more and more. It is very different for me to celebrate the fourth of July since I have been in Hawaii. Our neighbor just back from Iraq, my neighbor across the street form us does weapons fixings in Iraq for his unit, we have friends that are getting set to deploy in a few months, and we have some friends who husbands/dads are in Iraq right now. It is hard not to feel a little more proud for the things that I do have. It is neat for me to get to hear all the good things that are going on over there and to see pictures of the people being so grateful for what our soldiers are doing.

We went to schofield barracks and enjoyed a great morning of rides, jump houses, slides, petting zoo and pony rides. The kids had a great time. They had some vendors up and some food booths up. Billy ray Cyrus was doing a concert there at night. We had a BBQ at our house with some friends. I am glad that a lotof our friends could come out. We had a good time and yummy food. So you cant complain there. After all that we went up to the airfield and watched fireworks and did sparklers. It was a great night.

Thank you to all the friends that are serving in Iraq on the seas and were ever else they might be. I am very grateful for all there sacrifices so that we can have the things that we have. What a great place we live in. God Bless America

2 comments:

Lauren B. said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Since having Ramie in the army, my eyes have really been opened at how much sacrifice many army families are asked to make!

We had a great time at your bar-b-que! Thanks for always being a great host. Your family is too cute!

Kit said...

Thank you for that! I am so grateful to live in this Country and all the men and women that are sacrificing so much so that I can be safe here.