Sunday, July 20, 2008

Anchors Away!!


Well today was the day we said goodbye to David for 12 weeks.

The feelings that I have felt today have mostly been overwhelming. I feel like there is a huge mountain in front of me. I just have to start picking at it.


It has been a very emotional two weeks. The kids were sick with colds two weeks ago. Then David got sick with the cold. He has been under allot of stress getting ready for this trip. Trying to take care of everything for us while he is gone. Then on Monday he found out he was going to be gone about 3 months. He was suppose to be out 5 weeks then in for 3 then out for 5 weeks. So we were mentally planning for 5 weeks. So Monday came and we found out he would be gone for 12.

It was a nice morning spending the morning together. I am very blessed to be able to have David give me a blessing. It was so cute because Brooklyn wanted one. There was a nice feeling that came over the house as he was giving Brooklyn a blessing. I am very fortunate that I can call on David to do that. It was really hard for David to say goodbye to the kids and for me to watch David say good bye. I didn't know if Brooklyn would grasp much of what was going on but she about cried. Her and David have a certain bond. As we were driving away the kids looked so sad. They knew something was going on just not what. I told the kids we could go get there favorite thing in the world. Orange chicken from panda express. It has been a nice day to hang out with the kids. They have done well considering dads not here.

So I have no idea what is in store over the next few months. I know that we will face many things. I know the kids will go through hard times I will go through hard times. We will grow and learn things together.

I am so blessed with so many great friends. Thank you to everyone that called today to see how we were doing. Thank you to everyone that expressed we are in there thoughts and prayers. Last Sunday at church there were so many people that said hey if you need anything let us help. It was so nice and I appreciate all of it.


I already miss David tremendously. I am going to miss not having someone to talk to at night. Not having someone there to say good job at the end of the day. I will miss an extra set of hands. I will miss the singing so loudly around the house. I will miss him putting the garbage out( i don't like touching garbage cans). I will miss the snoring at night. I will miss the rock band being played. I will miss the Alfredo. I will miss watching our shows together. I will miss allot with David not here.


I hope my kids know how much I love them. How much the mean to me. This is new and scary for them as it is for me. I hope they know that i am going to give this all that I can give and then some. I hope they know that I am trying my best. I want to make this easy for them. I know they don't understand what is going on but they do something is different. They are such joys to have. They keep me on my toes. They keep me going and going. I wouldn't trade what I have for anything. I love them more then I can say. They mean so much to me. . I love them more then I could ever imagine loving something. I think they will help me through this more then I know they are so small and innocent.


I know David cant read this while he is away but I just want everyone to know how great David is. How much I love him. He means the world tome. He always takes such good care of me. He is the greatest thing that I have.

Alright I will stop with the mushy sappy stuff. Thanks to the great family that I have, David's family, my kids, and great friends.

We will plug along picking away at this one day at a time.

7 comments:

Beth and Jess said...

Well you got me bawling first thing in the morning. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!! I know you guys will be fine but we will be over soon to help. Love you guys

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Ohana said...

bless your heart! you are such a strong woman, amanda! feel free to call me if you are ever in need of some grown-up talk!!! We can even meet you at p-express - orange chicken is a fav in my family too :)

Ashley said...

Two things to remember, always have diet coke on hand and that David misses you just as much as you miss him. Your children can be your strength and your friends can catch you when you are down. I think you ROCK!

mike and bri smith said...

I wish I was there to help you feel the time, Hey maybe I will be when Mike is gone. Anyway, I know you are so tough and that you will keep your life and kids together. And for those weak moments, well, you know my number. Love ya
PS- No baby and no Labor yet. The day may never come.

Lauren B. said...

Hi Amanda,

I didn't know David was leaving. I know that is very hard, and I also know that you are so strong and such a fun mom so I think you will be able to handle it well even though it is difficult!

I would love to get together with you any of these days. Let me know if you and your kids are up for a play date or anything!

Call me if you need anything at all.

Bodie_Millie_McKenzie said...

Way to try and get some sympathy! Just kidding. I love ya and are thinking about you. Give the kids a big hug and kiss for us.