Thursday, May 22, 2008

A clean house? Just a small thought these days


When I was little my mom would say if we get the house clean we could go to the gas station and get a treat. So I took that approach with my kids yesterday. It worked so good. I told them that i wanted to get the house cleaned. If they could play nice then we would go get a slurpee. The burger king out here has a kids size icee for one dollar. We decided to do that. That way I didnt have to get anyone out of the car and I could go in my dirty pants form cleaning. it was a great treat. Although the treat worked I still relized that my kids had played so good together. There wasnt any fighting. There was no screaming at each other. It was a great day that showed my kids new what mom needed that day. So thank you to my wonderful kids for letting me get the house cleaned. It is a wonderful feeling to look around at the end of the day and wonder what did I spend so much time on cleaning? but to see your three kids smiling and all playing together. Undoing all the cleaning you had just done. Hey at least my house was clean for a few minutes.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

How cute! And I love the picture. You are such a great mom!

the prunty's said...

gotta love that! A Great diet coke, no whining and a clean house for more than 10 minutes!!! That is very rewarding... sure do love ya!

Ashley said...

I miss you guys, they have gotten so big! My house will be clean tonight, yeah!! Very cute pic!!!

mike and bri smith said...

Wow you are good! I had to send my family away camping for three days just so that I could clean top to bottom. The kids are so cute!!! I think Landon looks just like you, it made me laugh and miss you a lot. I am such baby, I am even tearing up right now trying to write this. I am SOOOOO pregnant LOL. Love you all.

Lauren B. said...

That is such a cute picture of your three kids. They are growing up and are as cute as can be!