Sunday, July 18, 2010

No matter the Distance

A good family friend of ours moved away from hawaii about 3 1/2 years ago. It was hearbreaking. This family david had known since california. I meet them when we moved here. Our first day I got here they brought us over dinner. The lived just up the street from us. They are the smith family and they are amazing. Me and bri would walk every morning with the kids. It turned into us ending up at a park and just talking all morning while the kids played. Me and bri started a preschool together. Good memories of creat and learn preschool. Mike and david went spear fishing almost every weekend together.
One weekend me and bri went to maui no husbands and no kids just us girls. It was one of the best weekends of my life. Bri is more like a sister then a friend. She is so thoughtful, so kind, sweet, so creative, a great scrapbooker. She is just amazing I have learned things from her that I wont forget. She gave such great advice that I wont forget either.
Well they moved to washington DC to do some training then onto china to work at the embassy. They have been there about a year and headed to utah for a trip to see family then they came here to have a vacation from the vacation.
Well last monday I pulled in to my house and there on my front porch was bri and her family. I was so so excited to see them. Since bri knew they were moving to china we joked about the purses you can get there. Well she showed up with my very own coach purse.





have to show off the purse

We went up to the beach and had dinner it was so much fun to see them. When they moved trent had just finished kindergarten and garrett wasnt even in kindergarten. Now trent has been baptized and garrett will be in first grade. Dawson and zach werent even in the picture yet.


Dawson and Zachary


The kids just picked up playing together like they used to.


Landon, Trent , Garrett


Brooklyn and the boys

It was so great to see them and it really goes to show that no matter the distance a true friend is always your friend.
july 2010
Thanks being such a great friend bri not only to me but to my family. I cant wait until we see you next. Hopefully it will be coming to see you. I cant say enough how greatful I am to call you my friend. I cheerish all that you have taught me. You have been a great example to me of what it means to be a great mom, friend, wife and person.









0 comments: