Wednesday, December 15, 2010

More big island part 2

The next day it was rainy,cloudy and foggy. We went on some small hikes. We went into the lava tube that was cool. It was a big tube/cave that you walk through were only a few hundred years ago lave flowed through. When you are not in the lava tube you are walking through a rain forest. It is really gorgeous.

Entrance to the lava tube

I was playing around with our camera and didn't take it off the black and white setting OOPS



walking around






Inside the lava tube entrance to some more caves/tubes you can explore

Since it was raining and foggy we decided to just do some little walks rather then full oh hikes. We saw some excellent views of the crater.




lookout




After we played around in the park we went to Hilo and went to a waterfall. It was a very pretty waterfall.
rainbow falls
It was such a great three days and two nights that me and David had. It was nice to not have to worry about how the kids were doing since I knew shirlyn was taking good care of them. Did I have to call them once yes and did I make cards for them to open each night from me yes. It was a wonderful time to spend time together. We talked allot and laughed allot. We had our share of relaxing as well. We kept it very simple which was so nice. When we usually get away overnight when we are in Utah we always plan a nice place to stay a nice dinner and Nice event. I am grateful that David treats our time away like that but it was so nice to keep it basic and simple. It was nice to just be together. I have missed him more and more each time he has to go to sea. It was great to sit back and relax and know that I was in the best company I could ever ask for.




0 comments: