Friday, September 24, 2010

six days of being spoiled

I got the best message on my phone the same day we dropped David off at the airport. My mom called to see if she could come visit for 6 days. Um let me think about this of course. My mom is the greatest. We had such a good time with her. It was one of those visits that was just awesome. We did alot, she did alot to help me out and she spent alot of time with the kids.

It just so happened that the weekend she was here was the same time that our relief society had been planning a retreat at a beach house. I am the enrichment coordinator for our ward so there had been alot of planning go into this. Since David is gone I was just going to go up for the fireside on Friday night. When my mom realized that it was the weekend she was going to be here she said you go overnight I will watch the kids. It was such an awesome blessing in disguise for me. It was a great retreat. The speakers were great, the atmosphere was excellent, and the people I was with was just awesome.








jen, maidy, tricia, me, laura



The snack table




Setting up beds for some little sleep
this is only a small section of the beds not including bed rooms and the other house




Well it wasn't all work for my mom. I do have to add that she did the laundry, folded it, bathed the kids, cleaned the kitchen, made me some banana bread(yummy) I can never make it. It never turns out,spent quality time with the kids, put them to bed, watched them overnight, and many other things. We decided to go have some fun. We took a drive around the island to the windward mall. This place is awesome for kids. There is an indoor play area, a glow in the dark mini golf, a pet store, and a bounce place. So the kids had a great time. We just let them play play play.


























It was an awesome six days to have my mom here. She is the best ever. Thanks for comign out mom and spoiling us we had a great time. Come back real soon. My laundry needs to be done and folded.






























































2 comments:

Kent and Ashley said...

I'm so glad your mom came out to visit. She is the best. I know my life has been tremendously blessed by her as well.

The Cox Family said...

So glad your mom got to come you deserved it!!!