Sunday, October 25, 2009

Early Halloween fun!

This weekend we had some early Halloween fun. The kids and I go to the YMCA so I can work out and the kids are in the child watch room. The great part about this is the child watch is FREE! So when David is gone it is a great escape that I get. So they had a Halloween party for the kids on Friday. They had the kids come in costumes, the decorated treat bags, went trick or treating and played some games. Brooklyn is going to be Hannah Montana but I didn't have all of her costume yet and Landon is going to be Darth Vader. I didn't want there costumes used so we had some other costumes on them. When David went to japan he brought Brooklyn home a Kimono and Landon a ninja outfit. They had the younger kids like Dawson only go to a few people so I didn't get a picture of him.





Trick or Treat


That night me and David were able to go out thanks to our friends Shirlyn and Deven. We decided to make dinner (that David made that was really yummy) and carve pumpkins. David made a yummy dinner of steak stuffed with arugula cheese, spinach and bacon, mashed red potatoes and a green bean salad. It was divine. When it came time to carve the pumpkins I thought how hard can it be to carve a spider? David went straight to the book of patterns and picked one out. Lets just say his turned out much better then mine.







the skilled carver



The perfect pumpkin



What a fun date night



4 comments:

Beth and Jess said...

Mmmmm the food sounds delicious!!!! As for carving pumpkins one of my least favorite things to do. Very glad you two are getting some time together. Can't wait to see you. How funny is it that we live a twenty minute flight away and we have to take a 6 hour one to see each other. ha ha

Chantell said...

What a fun date, and that dinner sounds delecious!!! The kids look so cute and I love the pumpkins, I have never been ale to carve them very well, so now we opt for painting faces!

Kit said...

Those are some mad carving skills!!
Put ours to shame!
ANd Love the header pic of your kids.
Darling!

Bodie_Millie_McKenzie said...

Does your spider have 6 legs?